Vegan Foods - Do Not Miss Out On These

Vegan Foods - Do Not Miss Out On These
When I first started trying out the vegan diet, I would only stick to the same foods I was familiar with, without knowing that I was limiting myself to the huge possibilities you can get from experimenting with so many different classes of vegan foods.
Remember that there is a huge spectrum of vegetables, nuts, oils, beans, wheats and fruits that you haven't tried so always keep an open mind when you are at the market to try new things. Also remember that each vegetable or fruit has its own unique amazing properties, so if you want to get all the nutrients each vegan food offers, you need to try them all.
Here are some of the new discoveries I have made that have change my vegan lifestyle when I put them into my diet.
Lucuma - This fruit is native to the cool highlands of Peru. It has great nutritional values and It was considered by the Incas as the "great fruit" or "Gold of the Incas". If you are interested in trying out this fruit, luckily for us it's becoming more popular and you can find them in Hispanic markets. Now I still haven't found the actual fruit but I have found the frozen pulp, which makes an awesome smoothie when use with soy milk.
Camu Camu - Another fruit from the amazon rainforest, this fruit is gaining more popularity for having the highest concentration of vitamin C in a fruit. This fruit is actually very famous in Japan for its powerful anti-depressant quality. This fruit is getting more exposure in the markets but right now I have only found this in juice or as a supplement.
Flax Seed Oil - This oil is a must for your diet. Flax seed oil has one of the greatest concentrations of omega 3 essential fatty acids which are essential for a good health. Try this on your salads to add a unique flavour.
Like these, there are still hundreds of new vegan foods you need to try. Just keep an eye open for new veggies, fruits and nuts next time you go to the market. You will be amazed at how your vegan recipes are going to expand, so you won't have to eat the same thing over and over.







الإبتساماتإخفاء